The Hop Exchange is a Grade II listed building situated in the heart of London Bridge with history dating back to 1867.
It is one of eleven exchange buildings in London with only two currently standing. The Hop Exchange was the focus for the raw materials of the Brewing Industry which found its seat in Bankside from the early 1800’s. Being fully constructed in 1867 to have eleven stores, the property had a short life as a trading floor bringing stock from Kent by rail and river. Falling into dis-use from the early 1900’s the property was subject to a fire whilst un-insured in 1921 leaving the building to stand at half its original height and has lost its former gallery roof which was a model normally seen in Victorian stations.
Peer Group acquired the property in 1983 and set about restoration to what is seen now transforming a dirt and tarmac floor to the replica of the period flooring, handpicked by Mr Biranne. Peer Group has its HQ offices within the building and this provides over 80,000 sq ft of office accommodation within London Bridge/Southwark.